In my previous article on “Top 5 places to study online” I mentioned that I would share further details on how to take the maximum use out of Youtube to find better resources for G.C.E Advanced Level examinations.
With my 16 years of experience as both a school and a support classes teacher for G.C.E Advanced Level English Medium Physics subject I have seen an immense transformation of the examination paper towards the London A/L paper. Most of the questions and the patterns are research and application type questions where you could easily spot down on Youtube.
The following are some of the resource channels that I would highly recommend you to try.
- Veritasium (Academic Use)
Veritasium is a YouTube channel specialized in videos regarding science and engineering. This channel demonstrates experiments, expert interviews, demos and discussions with the public. For the G.C.E Advanced Level examination students who are studying in the fields of science and mathematics could get clear understanding visually about what they want to know through this channel.Youtube Link : https://www.youtube.com/user/1veritasium
- NumberPhile (Academic Use)This YouTube channel features videos regarding application of mathematics to common day use. Numberphile demonstrates videos which shows how numbers can be used to help ease normal problems easily. Students who are sitting for the G.C.E Advanced Level examination and who are currently studying mathematics will help you to understand numbers in a different view.Youtube Link : https://www.youtube.com/user/1veritasium
- KhanAcademy (Academic Use)KhanAcademy is a non-profit educational organization which provides world-class education for anyone, anywhere. This YouTube channel features knowledgeable videos which will help many students to gain knowledge. Students who are in A/L classes can use this channel to gain knowledge for A/l’s and boost confidence by using this channel for academic purposes.Youtube Link : https://www.youtube.com/user/1veritasium
- MinutePhysics (Academic Use)
Minute Physics is a channel dedicated for physics. This consist a series of videos which includes problems explained through physics. This channel helps students who are interested in learning physics in a fun and interesting way. Students who are undergoing physics as a subject for G.C.E Advanced Level examination can use this channel to boost their studies regarding physics.Youtube Link : https://www.youtube.com/user/1veritasium
- TedEd (General)TedEd is a YouTube channel promoting ideas and sharing them online. TedEd provides a wide range of educational videos with different ideas expressed by talented educators in the channel. For the G.C.E Advanced Level examination students could use this channel as motivation and gaining self-confidence as well as knowledge through this channel, which helps students gain a variety of ideas and experiences to help serve the exams in a positive manner.Youtube Link : https://www.youtube.com/user/1veritasium
Keep in touch, there is a new article coming up soon about on how you could use Khan Academy to learn the Best spots for G.C.E Advanced Level Physics theories.